What is Google Caffeine?
Google Caffeine is the name of Google’s next algorithm update that will take place sometime in early 2010. Unlike previous updates, Google Caffeine will be a complete overhaul of Google’s current search engine; it will most likely change the way Google evaluates and ranks your dealer website.
What are the major changes associated with Google Caffeine?
While Google has not released the specific details associated with Google Caffeine, some possible factors that could play a role in Google’s new evaluation (and rank) of your dealer website include:
- Website speed: Slow loading websites will most likely get lower rankings on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Broken links: Websites with broken links will most likely get lower rankings on Google’s SERPs.
- Links from Spammers: Websites containing links to/from known spammers already lowers their ranking in Google SERPs; Google Caffeine will most likely intensify this scenario.
- Over-all quality of your website: Google Caffeine will most likely take a closer look at the overall quality of websites. For instance, websites containing optimized content, strong website design, easy navigation, solid links and low bounce rates will most likely be rewarded with higher ranking on Google’s SERPs. Additionally, the number of social bookmarks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc.) will likely play a role in the ranking process.
Do I need to adjust my dealer website to stay relevant with Google Caffeine?
Yes. Although Google Caffeine has not been released yet, it is a good idea to optimize your dealer website in advance in order to get a jumpstart on the competition. Some simple steps you can take to ensure that your website performs well within Google’s new algorithm structure include:
- Removing all spam elements from your dealer website (including links, embedded text, etc.)
- Making sure your website design is both clean and professional
- Making sure your website’s navigation is easy to follow
- Including links from several social bookmark sites
How can Dealer eProcess help my dealer website stay relevant when Google Caffeine is activated?
Dealer eProcess is well versed with current search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and continues to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to understanding algorithm updates such as Google Caffeine. In fact, websites build by Dealer eProcess already adhere to many of the best practices recommended with Google Caffeine.